Tuesday, August 16, 2011
So your speaking test is one week ahead, right? how do you feel? From what I saw during classes after I break the news are pale faces! I know you have not experienced something like this except for when you were in high school for your PMR or SPM right? but there's always a first time for everything and I'm sure that you guys will do alright, AS LONG AS you work together as a group, discuss beforehand and do your research.
So as promised, here are the list of topics which can possibly be the topic discussed in your group during your speaking test:
- advantages of the internet and what is the most useful internet tool ever invented
- the issue of snatch theft and its prevention
- ways to promote patriotism among Malaysians
- Why many Malaysians suffer from heart attack? how to avoid getting one?
- the issue of illegal motorcycle racing among teenagers and its impact on society
- global warming and its effect to earth and mankind
- how to solve the problem of traffic jams in the city?
- modern inventions and gadgets and their benefits
- how to promote local tourism among Malaysians?
There you go. I won't give out more as these topics are already a handful. good luck with your research!
however, if you are too lazy to surf the net, just conduct discussions with your designated groups or with your friends and ask for their opinions.
and for those who are still clueless about your speaking test, here's what it will look like:
MUET-SPEAKING TEST (PART 1)
MUET-SPEAKING TEST (PART 2)
MUET-SPEAKING TEST (PART 3)
MUET-SPEAKING TEST (PART 4)
MUET-SPEAKING TEST (PART 5)
MUET-SPEAKING TEST (PART 6)
These will definitely give you a clear picture on how speaking test is conducted in MUET.
I'll leave you to do your part then...best of luck!
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
ok, since you all are on your mid semester break, most probably doing nothing at home, I suggest you guys do some research regarding these following topics, as we are going to conduct a class discussion based on these topics:
HAVING ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IN OUR DAILY LIVES: WILL IT HELP OR DESTROY US?
LEVEL OF ENGLISH AMONG STUDENTS FROM RURAL AREAS: HOW CAN THEY IMPROVE?
PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES VS PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES: WHICH ONE IS BETTER?WHY?
SOCIAL PROBLEMS AMONG YOUTH IN MALAYSIA: HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN?
READING HABITS AMONG MALAYSIAN: DO WE READ ENOUGH?
RECYCLING: WHY IS IT NOT PRACTISED WIDELY IN MALAYSIA?
oh before I forgot..Ramadhan al-mubarak and happy fasting! see you after the holidays!
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Here are my current favourite pictures :
Monday, July 11, 2011
If you are too lazy to do even that, here are the vids :
Mind your Language -Season 1 - Episode 1 - Part 1
Mind your Language -Season 1 - Episode 1 - Part 2
1. A 10. B 19. C 28. C 37. A
2. B 11. C 20. C 29. A 38. A
3. B 12. A 21. B 30. B 39. B
4. A 13. B 22. C 31. D 40. D
5. A 14. C 23. B 32. C 41. A
6. A 15. C 24. C 33. C 42. A
7. C 16. B 25. C 34. A 43. A
8. C 17. B 26. B 35. A 44. D
9. A 18. B 27. A 36. D 45. B
1. B 10. A 19. B 28. C 37. A
2. D 11. A 20. A 29. A 38. A
3. D 12. B 21. C 30. A 39. C
4. A 13. B 22. C 31. B/C 40. A
5. B 14. B 23. A 32. C
6. A 15. B 24. C 33. B
7. C 16. B 25. C 34. C
8. A 17. C 26. A 35. B
9. B 18. C 27. B 36. D
welcome to my blog, specially created for my English students taking UWB10101 (English for Academic Purposes) in UTHM. Having problems accessing the e-learning system in UTHM, I decided that this is the next best thing in order in terms of method in providing you with any new information/homework/assignments etc.
As I mentioned in the class, please participate in this blog by leaving comments, ideas or suggestions..if you're the kind who r too shy to ask questions in class..this is the place.
It's better if you become one of the followers of this blog since this will be one of the medium that I will use other than the module.
hope to hear from u guys soon!